For a job offering an abundance of challenges and new opportunities, join the team at SOPFIM!
What’s more, SOPFIM is recognized as offering excellent wages, competitive benefits and a stimulating work environment. The SOPFIM also joins to the equal opportunity in accordance with the "Charte des droits et libertés de la personne du Québec".
SOPFIM has several types of positions, for professionals and technicians as well as students in search of a summer job. The summer period is when we have the most job postings, which are located in various regions of Quebec. These jobs are generally for a limited time, ranging from five weeks to several months.
Description of the most requested profiles :
Laboratory aids carry out various activities relating to forest pest control projects or research and development work. The main tasks consist in:
- Laboratory analysis and diagnosis of samples;
- Trapping of insects;
- Extraction and breeding of insects;
- Readying of equipment for sampling.
Potential candidates should possess the skills required to perform a variety of tasks, sometimes of a repetitive nature, in forests or in field laboratories. The qualities of autonomy, rigor and the ability to work as a team are highly valued by the employer.
The various tasks performed by the day labourers hired by SOPFIM are related to the centres of operation; below are a few examples:
- Participating in the establishment, operation and closing of centres of operation;
- Participating in the logistical organization and implementation of the aerial spray program;
- Ensuring proper maintenance of equipment;
- Operating the insecticide pumping system;
- Loading aircraft;
- Performing various related tasks.
Potential candidates should have the following qualities: resourcefulness, determination, good physical strength, a class 5 driver’s permit, and a capacity for manual labour. These jobs are performed according to a variable schedule that is subject to interruption. During aerial spray campaigns, candidates must be available seven days a week.
During the summer season, the Survey Unit seeks experienced employees for performing various forestry-related tasks. The main tasks consist in:
- Participating in setting up the network of sampling stations;
- Conducting different types of forest and environmental surveys;
- Performing different types of clearing work in forests (brush cutting, hand felling, etc.);
- Participating in the analysis of various field laboratory samples.
Potential candidates should have the following qualities: resourcefulness, determination, good physical strength, a class 5 driver’s permit, a good sense of direction and a capacity for work in forests. Candidates should also be familiar with using a GPS and new forestry-related technologies. Experience using forestry tools is also required. These jobs are available according to different schedules established based on SOPFIM’s needs.