For a job offering an abundance of challenges and new opportunities, join the team at SOPFIM!
What’s more, SOPFIM is recognized as offering excellent wages, competitive benefits and a stimulating work environment.
SOPFIM has several types of positions, for professionals and technicians as well as students in search of a summer job. The summer period is when we have the most job postings, which are located in various regions of Quebec. These jobs are generally for a limited time, ranging from five weeks to several months.
Description of the most requested profiles :
Laboratory aids carry out various activities relating to forest pest control projects or research and development work. The main tasks consist in:
- Laboratory analysis and diagnosis of samples;
- Trapping of insects;
- Extraction and breeding of insects;
- Readying of equipment for sampling.
Potential candidates should possess the skills required to perform a variety of tasks, sometimes of a repetitive nature, in forests or in field laboratories. The qualities of autonomy, rigor and the ability to work as a team are highly valued by the employer.
The various tasks performed by the day labourers hired by SOPFIM are related to the centres of operation; below are a few examples:
- Participating in the establishment, operation and closing of centres of operation;
- Participating in the logistical organization and implementation of the aerial spray program;
- Ensuring proper maintenance of equipment;
- Operating the insecticide pumping system;
- Loading aircraft;
- Performing various related tasks.
Potential candidates should have the following qualities: resourcefulness, determination, good physical strength, a class 5 driver’s permit, and a capacity for manual labour. These jobs are performed according to a variable schedule that is subject to interruption. During aerial spray campaigns, candidates must be available seven days a week.
During the summer season, the Survey Unit seeks experienced employees for performing various forestry-related tasks. The main tasks consist in:
- Participating in setting up the network of sampling stations;
- Conducting different types of forest and environmental surveys;
- Performing different types of clearing work in forests (brush cutting, hand felling, etc.);
- Participating in the analysis of various field laboratory samples.
Potential candidates should have the following qualities: resourcefulness, determination, good physical strength, a class 5 driver’s permit, a good sense of direction and a capacity for work in forests. Candidates should also be familiar with using a GPS and new forestry-related technologies. Experience using forestry tools is also required. These jobs are available according to different schedules established based on SOPFIM’s needs.